Friday, August 30, 2013

"Chrissy, The Girl From Up The Block."
12x14" oil on canvas.

It's really hard to see ourselves clearly.  That goes for seeing our style of painting clearly too.  I've often felt like I had no style.   To me I felt like the way I do it is the way to paint something in the most basic way, how else would anyone do it, and other people, they have a style?  I've wasted tons of time trying to develop something that I already have, a style of my own.

Yesterday I got some brilliant advice, "Stop looking for a great style, you already have one."  Others have said this to me but the way my friend said it to me, I guess I was ready to hear it and it has made all the difference to me.

That is my advice to others.  No matter where your development is you already have a style.  You just need to recognize it and accept it and yourself.

Fred Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment